The Giraffe Centre is a Non-Profit making organization whose main objective is to provide conservation education for school children and the youth of Kenya. All our education programmes are offered to them free of charge. The Giraffe Centre derives 90% of its funds from the entrance fee collected and from the sales in the gift shop and teahouse. Therefore, by visiting us and/or making purchase from our shop and teahouse you have contributed towards conservation education to the Kenyan youth. While you are here, take time to visit our nature trail. All in making sure you enjoy nature.
Here is our entry charges
Welcome to African Fund for Endangered Wildlife, commonly known as the Giraffe Centre. Founded in 1979 as a core breeding centre of the endangered Rothschild’s giraffe it further escalated its conservation efforts in 1983, opening up an outstanding environmental education centre for the Kenyan youth. Read More=>
A.F.E.W (K) Ltd. – Change of protocal for school booking .
We as .A.F.E.W are very grateful for the support and visits you have been making to use in our quest to continue in conservation programs of wildlife and environment.
In order for us to serve you better, we have some regulations:
- We host organized school groups strictly from Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 12 noon. Upcountry schools will also be required to make prior booking and maintain the same timings
- All schools will be required to make prior booking at least 2 weeks in advance. Schools that have not booked will not be allowed entry at the Centre.
- Booking should be done in writing either by Email, a letter, a text message or call (0774-890-952)
- Entry charges/fee will be Kshs. 20 per student, Kshs. 50 for college students and Kshs. 100 per teacher
- Schools that arrive after 12 noon will not be allowed entry.
- There will be prior booking for schools and church groups 2 weeks in advance for Saturday between 9 am and 12 noon and they will be required to pay normal charges (Kshs. 50 per child and Ksh 200 per adult)
Thank you for adhering to this so that we serve you better.
We do apologize for any inconveniences
Share conservation knowledge with us
A.F.E.W Kenya Ltd. Is open to any new ideas, questions and knowledge that you may be having on conservation education and animal breeding. We welcome you to send any relevant information or inquiries to us that may be of help to better our environment in general. Better still, you can follow us on facebook and contribute on our posts and stories.
1)Integrity – Honesty and Respect
3)Commitment to sustainability in social, economic and environmental aspects .
We are open from 9:00am to 5:00pm everyday including weekends and all public holidays.
|Guest Category||Entry Fee Cost|
|Non Resident Adult||Kshs. 1000|
|Non Resident Child/Student||Kshs.500|
|Resident Adult||Kshs. 250|
P.O.Box 15124-00509 Nairobi, Kenya.
AFEW Kenya Ltd. - Giraffe Centre.
- Oops Twitter isnt working at the moment
Welcome to Giraffe Centre: Prize giving day