Over the last year, (Financial year) We have been blessed to have 4 wonderful calves born to Stacy, Kelly, Betty and Daisy.
We thank all of you for the immense support and love you have shown the Giraffe Centre by:
This time round, we are asking you to help us in getting three of our calves names.
- Betty calf already has a name, Jock VI. He is names after our founder and one who envisioned what we have right now.
- For, Stacy, Daisy and Kelly’s calves, we do not have names for them.
We are asking you to help us get names for this lovely young ones, a bundle of joy to wildlife.
For a name to be considered, it has to have the following criteria
- It has to be a name of a plant or a Flower
- The plant or flower has to be existing in any part of East Africa. I.e. Kenya,Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda
- The name should be sent in any of the giraffe centre social media account’s inboxes. I.e. Facebook message, Twitter direct message (DM) or Instagram inbox.
- The name can be in any language you would like.
We are so grateful for those who already have sent to us their suggestions.
We look forward to hear from you.
This is giraffe Stacy’s calf. She is kind of shy to face the camera, especially if the guest doesn’t have food with.
This is giraffe Kelly’s calf. He is enthused to have the speed to run a 100 yard dash when he was one week old.